Monday, March 15, 2010

Sure

Here I am.  So much is happening. 

After winter.  No big-all at once.  Spring.  Hope.  Lent.

During this Lent,  I've not given up anything.  I've taken on.

Nightly prayers before (at the foot of) the bed.

Rosary.

Whispers, in the closet (cheek) of my pillow:

"lamb of god who takest away the sins of world have mercy upon me lamb of god who takest away the sins of the world have mercy upon me lamb of god who takest away the sins of the world grant us thy peace."

Peace. 

My little brother, his wife, and their friends are coming to dinner at our house this weekend.  My partner will make wonderful food.  He will out DO himself. We'll be gracious hosts. Everyone who leaves here leaves happy.  And I'm still here.

Here I am.  Blessed beyond belief.

Piglet sidled up to Pooh from behind.
"Pooh!" he whispered.
"Yes, Piglet?"
"Nothing," said Piglet, taking Pooh's paw.
"I just wanted to be sure of you."
A.A. MILNE

1 comment:

  1. Sweet. My year abroad in college, I had that A.A. Milne quote on my dorm room door.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete